Sunday, July 31, 2011

Your Comfort Zone

From Tom Hopkins "Selling for Dummies"


Your comfort zone is where you are today, and unless you change who and what you are today, you will never change what you are getting out of life. You can't let the desire to be comfortable rule your life.

Do what you fear the most, and you will conquer your fear.

You see, I was afraid of the unknown. The fear became so big in my mind that I couldnt see around it, over it, or past it to any sort of positive ending.

Overall, my presentation wasn't great, or even good. It was aweful, but I did it and my world didn't end. I realized then - just as I did when I figured out that selling was a learned skill.

Public speaking isnt just public speaking. It is salesmanship in the format of a speach.

No comments:

Post a Comment